I wanted to find the best shopping cart options for WordPress. After researching hundreds of E-commerce options for WordPress, WooCommerce still seems to lead the way. I personally feel WooCommerce is bloated and confusing. I absolutely hate how it forces you to use the JetPack plugin for certain shipping options. JetPack is bloatware and poorly optimized as I believe WooCommerce is. Luckily it’s not the only option. Depending on your needs, budget, technical expertise, and the features you require, this list might find a better WordPress E-commerce solution for you. This also means there is still a nice gap in the WordPress world for a clean well thought E-commerce option.
Here are the top 5 e-commerce plugins for WordPress:
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is one of the most popular e-commerce plugins for WordPress. It’s highly customizable, offers a wide range of features, and has a large community of users and developers. It allows you to sell physical and digital products, manage inventory, set up different payment gateways, and more.
- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD): If you primarily sell digital products like ebooks, software, or online courses, Easy Digital Downloads is a specialized e-commerce plugin designed for that purpose. It provides features tailored for digital product sales and delivery.
- WP eCommerce: This is another popular e-commerce plugin with features for selling both physical and digital products, along with various payment gateway options.
- Ecwid E-commerce Shopping Cart: Ecwid is a lightweight and user-friendly e-commerce solution that can be easily integrated into your WordPress site. It’s suitable for small to medium-sized businesses.
- MemberPress: If you’re looking to create a membership site where you sell subscriptions or access to premium content, MemberPress is a powerful plugin for managing memberships, subscriptions, and digital content access.
When choosing an e-commerce plugin, consider factors like ease of use, available features, payment gateway compatibility, security, scalability, and support. It’s also a good idea to read user reviews and explore the official websites of the plugins to get a better understanding of their capabilities and limitations.
If you want more E-commerce specific options, view our page here on the best website shopping carts available. https://webhost.pro/services/ecommerce-web-hosting/
Keep in mind that the e-commerce plugin landscape may have evolved since this was posted, so I recommend checking more recent sources and reviews to make an informed decision based on the current state of the plugins.